Programs & What LAPS Does
Please DO NOT CALL THE ANIMAL SHELTER.
Due to the closure of the Summit County Animal Shelter during the Coronavirus threat, all applications and questions for LAPS financial assistance must be emailed directly to email@example.com and remember to keep checking your email for our response.
The application for assistance can be downloaded at www.summitlaps.org and then emailed to LAPS. Please read the instructions and include ALL requested information with your application at the same time or we won't be able to review it.
If you need to see a Veterinarian, most offices are open but may have reduced hours for Coronavirus protocol, so call their office first! The Animal Shelter is still providing limited services even though they are closed to walk-in traffic...so call the Shelter at 970-668-3230 for more information.
Thanks for your cooperation and stay safe!
LAPS programs supported by your generous donations
- Adopted shelter animal spay/neuter & medical/surgical assistance
- Local veterinary discount spay/neuter vouchers for any income
- Low income medical assistance grants for companion animals
- Cheyenne Fund dedicated for pets with life-shortening illness
- Chappy Fund dedicated financial assistance for abused pets
To be eligible for assistance or vouchers, pet owners must be residents of Summit County or work in Summit County.