League for Animals and People of the Summit
L.A.P.S.' mission is literally a matter of life or death - reducing pet overpopulation and needless euthanasia of healthy animals through spay/neuter programs and providing financial assistance to low-income families for veterinary services that will assure a happy, healthy life for their pets.
Need help with some veterinarian bills? Download our Assistance Form and check out the options under "About LAPS/Programs". Must live or work in Summit County to apply.
L.A.P.S. also offers Discount Vouchers for spay/neuter only for any income (must pick up voucher at the Summit County Animal Shelter in Frisco and show proof of residency - or work in Summit County - no application to fill out.) Vouchers must be used at a local veterinary office.
Calendar of Events:
- Annual Meeting/Elections: Thurs., March 19 at the Summit County Community and Senior Center, 83 Nancy's Place, Frisco, 6:30-8 pm. Our guest speaker will be Tom Davies of the CO Dept. of Parks and Wildlife, discussing how to keep pets safe on the trails and how to handle dog/wildlife encounters. We’ll have light refreshments and go over what LAPS does for our community and hopefully get some more Board members!
- Barks & Brews at the Silverthorne Outlets: Sat., June 6 at the Outlets Blue Village, 3-6 pm, to benefit LAPS. This is the 2nd Annual Barks & Brews organized by the Outlets with snacks, local Breweries, live music plus a Doggie Costume Contest with prizes and more!
- Let’s Go Boating: Sat. & Sun., in early June at the Dillon Marina from 10-5: Sorry, no dogs allowed on boats, but take a 45 minute cruise by pontoon or sailboat for $25 Adults/$15 kids under 17. All proceeds benefit LAPS. Enjoy kayaks, paddleboards and more for a small extra fee!
- 30th Anniversary Canine 4K: Sat., August 1, 8-Noon: check our website for photos and info and join over 120 dogs of all sizes for a 4K romp around Frisco. Prizes given for a timed Runners race, while Walkers will enjoy a FUN Walk. Huge Silent Auction, Doggie Contests, Vendors, Caricature artist, Paw Painting, Doggie Ice Cream and more! Enjoy the music of local favorite, Randall McKinnon all morning long! NEW SWAG this year!
- Marina Mutt: Labor Day, September 7 at Dillon Marina, 12-4 pm: Dress up Muttley and yourself to win prizes. “Guess the number of treats” to win a ski pass!
- Silverthorne Outlets’ Shopping Extravaganza: Sat. in early November: LAPS is one of the non-profit beneficiaries of all proceeds … so remember to designate League for Animals & People of the Summit when you buy your tickets!
LAPS would like to send out puppy smooches to the wonderful people who made our Fall Events so much fun!
Labor Day's Annual Marina Mutts Show, hosted by the great folks at Dillon Marina/Town of Dillon, was enjoyed by lots of dog lovers and included a big silent auction and fun activities for the dogs and their owners. This benefit for LAPS gets bigger each year, thanks to the hard work of the Marina crew...thanks!!
LAPS had its first Elks Breakfast benefit, hosted by the hard working Elks Club in Silverthorne and everyone not only loved the yummy food, but were entertained all morning by our good buddy, Randall McKinnon who donated his time and talent (again) for a LAPS fundraiser...kudos to ALL...:)
The Outlets at Silverthorne wanted to try something new this year and asked LAPS to help out with their very first Barks & Brews...a fundraiser for the needy pets of Summit County through LAPS programs. Thanks, Natalie & Brittney!
The doggie costume contests were hilarious with furballs dressed as ballerinas, hippies and tacos (guess what breed for that one) and Elaine Collins helped us out again by taking lots of fun photos.
Everyone got to sample some delicious local brews from Bakers Brewery, Dillon Dam Brewery, Angry James and Pug Ryan's or got a cocktail from Breckenridge Distillery or Timberline Craft Cocktails. Red Buffalo Tea & Coffee donated some of their "brew" too!
Frisco Funk played quite a mix of music and kids got to do some crafts at The Frosted Flamingo vendor tent.
Thanks goes out to all our volunteers who helped LAPS at all these fundraisers too!
Become a LAPS member today!
Mail your membership form and check, or pay online securely through the PayPal button here:
Make a donation to support the important work of LAPS through the PayPal button here:
You can use a credit card or your PayPal account to make a donation or pay for membership.
All NEW members receive a free LAPS logo hat or Year of the Dog mug. Memberships of $50 or more may have 2 hats or mugs or one of each! Members must pick up their hat or mug at any of our many fun events or at a LAPS meeting.
Helping families with companion animals in Summit County since 1990
LAPS has received the Guidestar Gold Seal of Transparency! Great Nonprofits provides Guidestar ratings to non-profit organizations.
Have you had a great experience working with LAPS or received financial assistance from LAPS? Please leave a review of LAPS here!
If you shop with Amazon.com... please support LAPS (at no cost to you) by signing onto your Amazon.com account at smile.amazon.com and selecting League for Animals and People of the Summit for your charitable organization. Then bookmark smile.Amazon.com, instead of Amazon.com, for your login and without costing you a penny, LAPS will receive 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know, using your same existing Amazon account and providing the same products at the same prices.
If you shop with City Market, King Soopers, or Krogers... please support LAPS (at no cost to you) by directing your Rewards Program card to benefit League for Animals and People of the Summit. At no charge to you, they will donate a percentage of sales to a charity of your choice. City Market Rewards Program and then select 'Enroll Now' to log-in or create an account and assign your donations. LAPS traditionally receives about $800 a year from this generous corporate charity program. All you have to do is sign up and then use your City Market discount card when shopping.