Canine 4K Run/Walk
Saturday, August 4, 2018
Race begins promptly at 9:15 a.m.
Registration starts at 8 a.m. and ends at 8:45 a.m.
Start/Finish Frisco Historic Park Gazebo Main Street
Charity Event Fees are PER DOG
Registration (by mail by July 28th) or online by August 3rd. Click here for the form to mail in. Online registration will be available in late June.
Pre-Registration: $25.00/1st dog and $15/2nd dog
Registration after August 3rd and on race day:
$30.00/1st dog and $15/2nd dog
No refunds for this fundraiser
Advance registration (mailed must be received by July 28th) may be done by mail to L.A.P.S., P.O. Box 2512, Frisco, CO 80443. Registration may be done on race day, beginning at 8:00 a.m. at the race site at the Frisco Gazebo. Race day registration closes at 8:45 Please arrive by 8:30 to complete registration so you won't miss the race start. Race packet pickup for all race entrants will begin at 8:00 at the race site. Prizes will be awarded to top male & female finishers in the run & walk categories & also by age groups. Water will be provided for humans & dogs, along with wading pools & a misting tent. Free Abbey's Coffee, donuts, & lemonade will be served. Peak Yoga will be showcasing "Doggie Yoga" all morning, so plan on stretching out w/ the Mutt while you're at the 4K.
RACE RULES - Competitors (runners or walkers) may be accompanied by a maximum of 2 leashed dogs.
* Participants without a dog may walk or run without being timed, but are only eligible to win door prizes.
* Walkers must ONLY walk or will be disqualified.
* Official race timing stops after 40 minutes.
* Dogs must be on a leash no longer than six feet and under control at all times. And please clean up after your pets! Poop bags and trash cans will be provided.
* All dogs entered must have proof of current rabies vaccinations. Please have your dog wear current I.D. and rabies tags or at least bring a copy of your current rabies certificate on event day.
* DO NOT bring your dog if she is in heat. Vets recommend dogs less than six months old not participate.
* Use good judgment. Bring dogs that enjoy being around other dogs and people. Do not bring your dog if its behavior is dangerous. We reserve the right to refuse entry to aggressive animals.
MOUNTAIN MUTT CONTESTS follow the race!
* OLDEST & YOUNGEST DOG
* BIGGEST DOG & SMALLEST DOG
* BEST DRESSED, BEST SINGER
* BEST DANCER
* PET/OWNER LOOK ALIKE
Huge SILENT AUCTION - bring plenty of cash or a check to bid for dinners at local restaurants, pet photo shoot, chiropractic visits for humans or pets, lots of gift certificates for services and more. 100% of all proceeds directly benefit needy pets! LAPS does not have ANY paid staff members, just very dedicated volunteers. Please come see all the pet product vendors and consult with local veterinarians.
The 28th Annual K9-4K will be a fun-filled day with local musician Randall McKinnon entertaining you and top finishers will get prizes that go to our loyal mutts for all they give to us throughout the year.
So as not to ignore the felines in our lives, LAPS encourages our cat owners to walk/run in their honor ... unfortunately, no kitties are allowed at the event. Participants without dogs are not eligible for the race prizes. Please come join us!